student edition of SuperMix 2.10 for Windows can be downloaded from this page.
Please print this page before downloading the student edition, as the restrictions and other useful information concerning the program are given here. Also note that no technical support is provided for the student edition and that no serial number is required during installation.
The current student edition of SuperMix
for Windows can be installed using the installation application
- Download SuperMix2StudentSetup.exe to a temporary location.
- Open the location above in File Explorer.
- Ensure that the saved file is approximately 27,582 KB in size.
If not, please save it again.
- Click on the Run as Administrator option on the right-click
menu for SuperMix2StudentSetup.exe.
- Delete SuperMix2StudentSetup.exe from the temporary location
The student edition can run all the analyses the full version
can in terms of models selected, statistical options and output. Restrictions
are, however, placed on the data used and the size of the model selected. The
following restrictions apply in this edition.
- Number of variables:
The Student Version is limited to 15 Variables, where number of variables equals
the number of Dependent + the number of Predictors + the number of Random 2 and
- Number of cases:
The Student Version is limited to 10,000 cases, that is, level-1 units.
- Files can not be imported from statistical software packages such as SPSS, SAS and STATA.
- Technical support:
SSI does not offer technical support for student versions of their programs.
This is accomplished by selecting the "File, Import Data File..." option.
Note that row 1 of the spreadsheet (Student Version only) contains the variable labels.
To rename the column headers to reflect the variables in each column, first left-click
on the row 1 tab to select the complete row and then right-click and select the "Create Headers from Row" option from the pop-up menu.
The spreadsheet headers will now correspond to the names shown in the first row of the
spreadsheet. This row is no longer needed, and is deleted by right-clicking anywhere on
row 1 and then selecting the "Delete Row" option from the pop-up menu. Use the "File,Save"
option when done.
- Default missing value for student version of SuperMix spread sheet is -999999. When importing a data file, the dots or empty cells will be replaced by default missing values.
- Only one missing value in each SS3 file will be recognized.