Please note that the patch file on this page is only for use with HLM 6.00, 6.01, 6.02, 6.03, 6.04, 6.05, 6.06 or 6.07 for Windows.
There are no patch files for the rental, student, unix, and linux editions of HLM 6.
This patch should be applied
to any full edition of HLM 6.00, 6.01, 6.02, 6.03, 6.04, 6.05, 6.06 or 6.07 for Windows regardless of purchase date.
A problem was discovered in the multiple imputation routine in version 6.07. Version 6.08, which can be downloaded from this page, will fix that problem. Note that this fix is the only additional change to the program, apart from the changes included in 6.07 (see list below).
- The p-values from the fixed effects tables were off for very small degrees of freedom.
- Will now read files up to SPSS version 17.
- Fixed various problems related to multiple imputation.
- Fixed a centering problem.
- Problem with degrees of freedom fixed.
- Fixed the annoying problem of always wanting to write to the root of
the c: drive. Now will always remember where you were and start
- Save the patch application"HLM6_608.exe"
to a temporary location such as C:\TEMP.
- Ensure that the saved application is approximately 12283Kb
in size. If not, please save it again.
- Use the "Run" option on the Windows "Start"
menu to run "HLM6_608.exe" from the location
it was saved in.
- Click on the OK button.
- Browse for the folder in which HLM 6.00, 6.01, 6.02, 6.03,
6.04, 6.05, 6.06 or 6.07 for Windows is installed, for example
- Click the Open button.
- If the upgrade to HLM 6.08 for Windows is successful,
delete "HLM6_608.exe" from its temporary location.
Due to the size of the patch file, the download time
with a dial-up Internet connection could be more than 1 hour.