Please print this page before downloading the student edition, as the restrictions and other useful information concerning the program are given here. Also note that no technical support is provided for the student edition and that no serial number is required during installation.
- The STAT/Transfer utility used for the importation of
data is not included. The student edition will only accept
ASCII, SYSTAT, SPSS for Windows or SAS transport data files.
Note that SPSS data files created with SPSS 21
or earlier can be used with the student edition.
- For a level-3 model, the maximum number of observations
that may be used at levels 1, 2 and 3 is approximately 8000,
1700 and 60, respectively. Note that the restriction applies
to observations in the case of the level-2 file, for example,
and not to the actual number of level-2 units to be included
in the analysis.
- For a level-2 model, the maximum number of observations
at the two levels is 8000 at level-1 and 350 at level-2
of the hierarchy.
- No more than
5 effects may be included in any HLM equation at any level
of the model, and the grand total of effects can not be
25 or higher.
- Click on the URL below to save the
installation application HLM703StudentSetup.exe to a
- Ensure that the saved application is approximately 28,858 KB
in size. If not, please save it again.
- Run HLM703StudentSetup.exe.
- Delete HLM703StudentSetup.exe from the temporary location.